- Koolatron Compact Chest Freezer with flip-up lid and 3.5 Cubic Feet Capacity – Mini Outdoor Chest Freezer ideal for Apartment, Condo, Office, RV, Cabin, Small Kitchen
- COMPACT AND SPACIOUS– The 99 L/ 3.5 Cu. Ft. chest freezer with flip-up top offers enough area to store all of your favorite frozen goods and meats, and the smooth back allows it to nestle snuggly against the wall to conserve space in your home, apartment, or condo.
- EASY ORGANIZATION – A removable wire basket keeps tiny, frequently used objects close at reach, making it easier to manage your contents.
- ENERGY-EFFICIENT COOLING – This Energy Star-rated freezer keeps contents between 0°C and -24°C (32°F and -11.2°F) using dependable and efficient compressor technology and CFC-free coolant.
- TEMPERATURE CUSTOMIZATION – An external thermostat allows you to simply alter the temperature of your freezer without having to open the door.
- DEFROST DRAIN – When defrosting or cleaning, a leak-proof exterior plug allows for simple draining.
- Mechanical Control with Thermostat Adjustment from -12 to -28°F (Great for Storing Frozen Food, Ice Cream, Ice, etc)
- 1 Hanging Wire Storage is included. From 45 to 75 degrees, the Basket Hinge-Style Door remains open.
- 1-Year Full Warranty / 2-Year Compressor Warranty
|Product Dimensions||32.1 x 21.7 x 33.5 inches|
|Item Weight||73 pounds|
|Customer Reviews||4.3 out of 5 stars 2,678 ratings|
4.3 out of 5 stars
|Date First Available||January 29, 2020|
- EASY TEMPERATURE ADJUSTMENT – The adjustable thermostat on the exterior allows you to easily control the temperature. Select a number between 1 (off) and 7 (on) (Coldest). Temperatures vary from -4 to 6.8 degrees Fahrenheit.
- OPTIMAL STORAGE – The Northair Chest Freezer is small enough for the modern house, with a capacity of 3.5 cubic feet. Dimensions of the freezer: 21.2″L x 21.8″W x 30.9″H (H)
- ENERGY SAVINGS – The Northair 3.5 cubic foot compact chest freezer uses only 0.45 kWh per 24 hours. This not only implies that Northair deep freezers are better for the environment.
- PERFECTLY QUIET – The Northair Chest Freezer combines a modern design with a whisper quiet compressor, so you can forget about low-level hums and enjoy the sound of peace.
What is Chest Freezers?
Chest freezers have a hinged cover that opens from the top and is low-profile box-shaped freezers. They have more useable areas than an upright freezer since they have a large open compartment with detachable baskets and partitions. Chest freezers will keep food cooler for longer during power outages. To remove the built-up frost, they must be manually defrosted. This gives them a superior long-term storage alternative.
For chest freezers, prices range from $200 to $1,500. Chest freezers provide the most storage options, with less restrictions on the size and form of objects that may be kept.
Benfits of Chest Freezers
- Large and irregularly shaped things are simple to fit.
- Its low profile allows it to pass through windows.
- Compared to upright freezers, it uses less energy and maintains a more stable temperature.
- Freezer burn is less likely.
Disadvantage of Chest Freezers
- Items buried towards the bottom are more difficult to arrange, discover, and reach.
- It takes up more room on the floor than an upright freezer.
- Defrosting manually might take up to 24 hours and is difficult to clean.
How to use chest freezers effectively
Maintain the cleanliness of your chest freezer in the same way that you maintain the cleanliness of other home goods like your refrigerator. Cleaning the chest freezer, for instance, should be done every six months or so.
A chest freezer’s most crucial job is to keep items frozen so they don’t spoil. Despite the fact that it may appear simple and clear, the majority of people are unaware of how these vital household appliances function. Users put food in the freezer without adequate wrapping or packing for this reason. It’s critical to properly wrap and box any food you plan to freeze.
In any situation involving food goods, labelling is critical. When it comes to preserving food in the chest freezer, knowing when a certain product was placed inside is critical.
Freezing & Deep Freezing
If you have both a conventional and a deep freezer, they will be used for various things. Regularly used commodities, such as vegetables and ice cream, should be stored in the standard freezer, but meat and its products should be stored in the deep freezer.
A chest freezer is an important piece of equipment for keeping food frozen for an extended period of time. However, just because something is frozen doesn’t guarantee it won’t spoil.
Avoid Freezer Burn
When frozen food is exposed to air, it loses part of its moisture and develops a freezer burn. It appears grayish-brown on meat with dried patches. Freezer burns on meat are caused by improper wrapping or storing the meat for an extended period of time.
Buying Guide for Best Chest Freezer
A chest freezer’s capacity, which affects how much you can store, may range from 3 to 22 cubic feet. The inside area of a conventional chest freezer is around 15 cubic feet, or 112 liquid gallons.
In most chest freezers, there isn’t any shelf to keep your frozen food organised. Chest freezers, on the other hand, contain partitions and baskets that may be used to separate meals from meats, fruits, and baked items.
You can safeguard what you’re storing inside your chest freezer if it has a safety lock. This function is especially useful if you plan to store your freezer in the garage or often entertain guests.
Suitable for Garage
This design assures that the appliance will function effectively regardless of how hot or cold the outside temperature is. Your items will not spoil and will be stored in a controlled atmosphere. Find the best chest freezers 2021 here.
A faint glow on the ground near the appliance indicates that it is operating correctly, thanks to an outside power light.
To fulfil their work, freezers must operate continuously at least when there is food in them. That implies they’ll be needing energy almost constantly. As a result, choosing an energy efficient freezer may have a significant impact on your total energy expenses and footprint. Because freezers are rated by Energy Star, seeking for an Energy Star Certified model might be a quick way to locate a freezer that uses less energy.
Every freezer makes a certain amount of noise, although some are far quieter than others. If you want to keep your freezer in a room where you spend a lot of time, you should think about the noise levels of the various models you look at. Find the best chest freezers 2021 here.
Are chest freezers suitable for garages?
Yes, chest freezers are suitable for garages due to regardless of how hot or cold the outside temperature is, the system will operate well. Your food will not spoil and will be kept in a temperature-controlled environment.
Do Chest Freezers come frost free?
Because moisture from your fresh food adheres to the coils of your freezer, frost forms on the inside surfaces. If your door isn’t properly sealed or your appliance’s self-defrosting technology isn’t working, this procedure will be accelerated.
Do freezers work better when full?
A freezer that is half-empty consumes a lot of energy, whereas one that is overfilled wears down its components. Fill the supplied storage containers and baskets to the brim, but don’t overcrowd them to the point where it’s tough to retrieve ingredients for supper. Find the best chest freezers 2021 here.
Do chest freezers use a lot of electricity?
In comparison to upright freezers, chest freezers usually utilise less energy. This is due to the high quality of its insulation, which covers the walls and even keeps food cold during power outages. A chest freezer consumes 250 kWh annually on average.
Where should I put my chest freezer?
You’ll need a dry, cool location with a nearby plug-in if possible. There should also be adequate area for a complete door swing, which varies depending on the freezer design.
How long do chest freezers last?
A chest freezer has a 14-year lifespan on average. This is far longer than the average refrigerator’s lifespan of ten years. By properly maintaining your freezer and keeping it in the right conditions, you may extend its lifespan. Find the best chest freezers 2021 here.
What temperature should freezers be kept at?
Not only is the ideal temperature vital for keeping your favourite goodies precisely cold, but it is also vital for your health. Freezers should be kept at 0° F (-18° C) at all times, according to the FDA (Food and Drug Administration).
What freezers are suitable for the garage?
If you want to put a refrigerator in your garage, you need to think about the temperature changes. Depending on the season, the temperature inside a garage might soar or plummet. This is less of an issue in a well-insulated garage. Because its sensors determine that the temperature inside your garage has dropped below 32 degrees, the refrigerator’s compressor will switch off. The food in your freezer will melt as a result of this. Find the best chest freezers 2021 here.
How to prevent freezer burn?
- Set the temperature low, preferably between 0 and 2 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Don’t cram too much food into your freezer. Per cubic foot of room, only freeze around 3 pounds of food, preferably meat. This does not apply to pre-frozen food, such as frozen meals; rather, it only applies to meat and other foods that are being frozen for the first time.
- As much as possible, keep the freezer door shut.
- Food should be stored in sealed plastic or glass containers or freezer bags. Liquids should be kept in jars. Before putting baked foods and leftovers in freezer bags, double wrap them in aluminum or waxed paper.
- To avoid food lingering in the freezer for more than nine months, rotate your food supply.